GI Microbiome Panel
The results for this patient indicate there may be an issue with the flora of the gut. Changes to the microbiome can have profound impact on various systems in the body and may be primary or secondary to the presenting disease. Consider evaluating this patient’s microbiome using the GI Microbiome Panel.
Reason for Recommendation:
Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
The B12/Folate profile for this patient is sometimes seen with SIBO – Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. Overgrowth of bacteria, and loss of diversity, may be a contributing factor to ongoing GI signs. Evaluating the GI Microbiome can help determine if clinical signs are related to SIBO.
Common clinical signs of SIBO include loose stools, rapid weight loss, diarrhea, and occasional vomiting. If these signs are present, consider testing the GI microbiome.
More on the GI Microbiome Panel:
|• Identification of known pathogenic species
• Total quantification of Bacteria and Fungi as well as relative abundance
• Diversity Information
• Evenness and Richness Scores (canine)
• Antibiotic Resistence Information
• Antibiotic Selection Guide to promote good antibiotic stewardship
• Freshly collected using Microbiome Stool Collection Kit
• Roughly pea-sized amount
• Stable in the tube at ambient temperature – no refrigeration required