- 1mL Serum, SST preferred
- Fasting not required (preferred for B12 tests)
- Avoid severe hemolysis and lipemia
- Apply to Dried Specimen Test Kit immediately (Or freeze if not applying to device)
Inside DSTK Packaging: Specimen Stable for 14-21 days
If not immediately applying to DSTK, specimen may be stored in -20c freezer (standard freezer) for 30 days prior to application on DSTK.
Dried Serum Test Kit
Specimen must be packaged in the foil pouch containing the barcode, then inside the the white and yellow return envelope. Samples must arrive to the lab within 14 days of preparation. Missing either the internal foil pouch, or return envelope may result in sample rejection.
PO Box 2217
Simi Valley, CA 93062-2217
Frozen Serum Tests
Please contact VDI prior to shipping for test requirements and shipping requirements.
4685 Runway St. STE K
Simi Valley, CA 93063
Frequently Asked Questions
Dried Serum Collection Kit Common Errors
- Do not allow specimen to air-dry
- Device goes inside foil pouch, then inside the return envelope
- Improper pipetting [under/overfill]
- Failure to adequately close packaging
- Fill out ALL patient information, including name on the foil bag
- Include Test Requisition Form
VDI tests specimens Mon-Fri, excluding holidays. Reports are typically generated the day the specimen arrives, typically around 1700 PST.
Access Lab Reports Online
Lab reports can be accessed on the My Account page. Reports are issued to the submitting facility/clinic.