VDI is the leading veterinary blood diagnostics provider in the fields of cancer, inflammation, essential vitamins, osteoarthritis, and wellness.
About VDI Laboratory
Veterinary Diagnostics Institute (VDI) was founded in 2006 with a single purpose: make advanced diagnostics, developed for humans, an option for the care of our pets.
VDI noticed a growing disparity in diagnostic tools available to veterinarians as compared to their human counterparts. Is there a reason why our pets shouldn’t get the same level of care as we do? Why don’t veterinarians have the same diagnostic tools available to them as human doctors do?
The veterinarian’s job is challenging. Multiple species with different biology, combined with patients that can’t speak and tell us what’s wrong. If anyone needs specialty blood tests and advanced diagnostics, it’s the veterinarian. This is VDI’s mission.
2022 – Menu expansion & new partnerships
- GI Lymphoma Panel for dogs
- Advanced GI Panel
- Chronic Enteropathy Panel
- Pancreatitis Monitoring Panel
- Cancer Panel- Lymphoma
- Fur Mineral Analysis
- Allergy Panel
- Allergic Dermatitis Panel
- Hyaluronic Acid test, Osteoarthritis panel for felines
- Cancer Risk Assessment, Complete Wellness Panel for felines
- Test n’ Treat for Joint Health with Hyaluronic Acid/TrixSyn
- Initiated partnership with Cogent Solutions for integration of joint supplement Trixsyn
2021 – Improvement on existing services
- CRP/Albumin Ratio (CAR) for disease severity prognosis
- AgaricusBio product for cancer support
2020 – Menu expansion & new partnerships
- Vitamin D Toxicity Panel
- Feline GI Lymphoma Panel
- Magnesium Lotion For Pets – topical supplement for correcting low magnesium levels.
- Initiated partnership with MagnumSolace for sale of Magnesium Lotion
2019 – Menu Expansion & Rebranding of tests
- Vitamin B12
- Hyaluronic Acid (Joint Test)
- Osteoarthritis Panel
- Pericardial Effusion Panel
- Pre-Stem Cell Therapy Panel
- Renamed INCaSe to Cancer Risk Assessment
- Relaunched test menu with new test names
- Application-specific panels
- Initiated partnership with Neodin Biovet for test distribution in South Korea.
2018 – Launch of Dry Specimen Technology
- Dry Serum Test Kits – Patented technology Samplla® for stabilizing fluid samples for extended periods of time.
- Expanded partnership with Rx Vitamins for distribution of full Rx Vitamins product line.
2017 – Menu expansion and R&D
- TK-Equine: Blood test for the determination of lymphoma in horses
- Initiated partnership with Kepler Diagnostics to develop Samplla® technology.
2016 – Company reorganization
- Reorganized company with Veterinary Diagnostics Institute becoming parent company to VDI Laboratory (VDI) – The new customer facing name for the specialty lab.
2015 – First Dry Specimen Kit
- Launch of the Vitamin D Spot Saver Kit – the first VDI blood test using a commercially available dry specimen transport method known as Dried Blood Spot (DBS) card.
2014 – Partnership & Test n’ Treat
- Calcemia Panel for determining cause of hyper/hypocalcemia
- First Test n’ Treat service with Vitamin D test & Vitamin D3 supplement
- Initiated partnership with Rx Vitamins for Pets for Vitamin D3 supplementation.
2013 – Menu Expansion
- TK-Feline+ Cancer Panel: the first two-biomarker cancer blood test for cats on the market
- Vitamin D test – the new gold standard for cats and dogs
2012 – Menu Expansion
- TK-Canine+ Cancer Panel: the first two-biomarker cancer blood test for dogs on the market
- INCaSe (Initial Notification Cancer Screening) for dogs: The first true screening blood test for cancer in dogs
2010 – New Partnership
- Initiated partnership with Webster Vet Supply (now Patterson Vet Supply) for distribution of services
2009 – New Tests
- VDI-TKcanine: The first blood test on the market for diagnosing and monitoring tumor activity in dogs
- VDI-TKfeline: The first blood test on the market for diagnosing and monitoring tumor activity in cats
2008 – Transitions
- Veterinary Diagnostics Institute (VDxI) sells CardioCare to IDEXX, which is now being sold as CardioPet.
- VDI begins transition from cardiac disease to focus on cancer testing.
2006 – Founding
- Veterinary Diagnostics Institute (VDxI) is Founded
- CardioCare, NT-proBNP marker: a blood test for cardiac disease in dogs and cats